● Two PSA 10’s broke all-time records when they sold for $738,000 via Goldin Auctions in January 2021. In addition, another PSA 10 sold for $645,000 via Heritage Auctions in February 2021. Other recent confirmed sales on this card include $480,000 (March 2021), $456,455 (March 2021), $615,000 (March 2021), $600,000 (March 2021), $588,000 (February 2021), $612,000 (February 2021), $222,630 (January 2021), $211,560 (December 2020).
● Collectable received a buy-out offer on this Michael Jordan Fleer 1986 PSA 10 for $265,000, a record breaking price for a PSA 10 at the time, in January 2021.This represented a 161% premium over the price ($10 per unit) investors paid on the IPO in October 2020. Shareholders rejected this bid in a 65% NO vote on January 26th, 2021.
● There are 316 PSA 10’s known in circulation, according to the PSA Population Report.
●The Jordan brand is iconic and has global reach. As such, demand for the Michael Jordan 1986 Fleer PSA 10 spans internationally, all across the world.
● Collectable IPO’d this card for $100,000 in October 2020.
● The underlying asset has been authenticated by PSA (22651769). The card received a Gem Mint 10 grade.
● The cards have a distinct design highlighted by borders that are red, white and blue. A thin yellow frame holds in both the player photo and nameplate. The bottom of the card has the player’s name, team and position. The crown-style Fleer logo appears at the top of the card with a small ribbon that reads "“Premier” highlighting the fact that it’s the company’s first basketball card set.
● 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan #57 PSA Gem Mint 10 records have been broken numerous times in 2020, with some believing the popularity of “The Last Dance” documentary serving as a catalyst.