● The Yellow Toe Reebok Question is considered by some shoe collectors to be the rarest and most iconic pair of sneakers Kobe Bryant wore during his career. They were only worn by Kobe once - on on December 8, 2002 at Staples Center vs the Utah Jazz. A true 1/1.
● While wearing these shoes, Kobe recorded 26 points, 14 assists and 5 steals to key the Lakers 110-101 win over Utah.
● Game worn and signed by Kobe Bryant. Each shoe is signed, so the pair contains 2 Kobe Bryant signatures.
● Kobe Bryant & Allen Iverson were both drafted in the 1996 NBA Draft. Iverson went #1 overall to the Sixers and Bryant was drafted 13th overall. Both players would have an immense impact on the game of basketball, both on and off the court.
● Kobe Bryant’s obsession with Allen Iverson is well documented. Over their years in the NBA, they maintained a fierce on-court rivalry and a deep respect and friendship off of it. “I obsessively read every article and book I could find about AI,” Bryant wrote. “I obsessively watched every game he had played, going back to the IUPU All-American Game. I obsessively studied his every success, and his every struggle. I obsessively searched for any weakness I could find.”
● Iverson had a shoe endorsement deal with Reebok. The first official Allen Iverson shoes with Reebok was the Reebok Question. You can learn more about them here .
● In 2002, Kobe became a “sneaker free agent”, after opting out of his Adidas contract. This sparked the biggest sneaker free agency in NBA history.
● Kobe couldn’t sign with another brand until 2003. As a result, Kobe could wear any shoe during the 2002-2003 NBA season.
● Kobe chose to wear different styles and brands, but none had the impact as the AI Reebok Questions Kobe wore. Kobe wearing the signature sneakers of a fellow NBA player was a true testament to his respect for Iverson.
● Before Bryant’s tragic death in 2020, Reebok was about to release a retro sneaker designed based on the shoes he wore in 2002-03. The shoes were scheduled to be released during at the 2020 NBA All-Star Weekend in Chicago. Reebok canceled the launch following Bryant’s passing.
● Comes with a LOA from D.C. Collectibles and guaranteed by Purple Shoes.
● Investors are limited for $400 (50 shares) for the first 15 minutes and $4,000 (500 shares) for the next 45 minutes. The cap will be lifted after the first hour.