● This bat was used by legendary slugger Jimmiee Foxx during the 1936-37 seasons in which he’d launch 77 homers for the Boston Red Sox.
● The bat is signed and inscribed, “To my good friend Bob. I hope you always bat 1000%.”
● Authenticated and graded by PSA/DNA. Graded a GU 9.5. PSA/DNA notes that they are aware of only one other signed Foxx gamer. It also contains a letter of provenance from William Foxx.
● According to PSA’s recently released Game Used Bat Population Report, there are only 29 game used bat’s in existence. Out of the first 30 sluggers of all time compiled on the pop report, only 8 have fewer bats known in circulation than Foxx.
● Many prominent collectors view this Game Used Bat Population Report as a “game changer” for the bat market. Said Ken Goldin of Goldin Auctions, “This will revolutionize the game used bat hobby”.
● Leading bat authenticator John Taube said, "the game-used bat population report will be of great value to collectors. Just look at what the pop report has done for cards. We expect bat values to continue to rise as collectors open auction catalogs to find item descriptions that include high-graded bats with low population numbers indicating that they are truly rare.”
● A Ty Cobb bat used by the baseball legend during the 1928 MLB season sold in March 2021 for $1.1 million. Additionally, a bat used by the great Lou Gehrig in 1938 recently sold for $715,120.
● This exact bat last sold in December 2020 for $75,000. Since then, the value of a Jimmie Foxx 1933 Goudey #154, considered his most popular card by some, graded PSA 7, has risen 45%. The bat is being offered at a ~25% premium to last recorded sale in December.
●Length of thirty-five inches (35") and weight of thirty-four ounces (33.7 oz.) are correct for Foxx’ ordering records. Handle is uncracked.