● The 1948 Bowman is George Mikan’s rookie card. Mikan was dubbed “Mr. Basketball” and voted the best “basketball player of the half century” in a 1950 Associated Press poll, and was so dominant a player that he revolutionized the game’s rules - from the introduction of the shot clock to goal tending.
●Graded a PSA 7. There are 41 PSA 7’s in existence, with only 28 examples graded higher known to exist.
● A Mikan 1948 Bowman PSA 7 recently sold for $43,200. CardLadder value also reflects $43,200.
● This card measures approximately 21/16 by 2½ and, like most 1948 Bowmans, is often found off-center with toning along the edges, making it tough to locate in high-grade.
● George Mikan wears his original number 21 in the image, as opposed to his iconic #99, suggesting the shot was taken soon after his arrival on the Lakers in 1947.
● Investors are limited to $1,000 for the first 15 minutes and $5,000 for the next 45 minutes. The cap will be lifted after the first hour.